Powered By Blogger

6/28/10

Graduation May mania...

My sister graduated highschool on May 28th. Shortly after my stepson graduated from 6th grade on June 1st. It's not technically the month of May, but for blogging purposes and to retain the name of the title we'll rewind that date a tad bit. My Anfernee isn't that little anymore. He's 5'9". I've developed a crink in my neck for always looking up him. Oh well, it'll only get more painful as the time progresses. :) The two teachers beside him were very special to him. Especially Mr. Nelson. I'm sure Anfernee will never forget the encouragement and lectures resulting from his "class clown" moments. Going into Jr. High is a big deal... Well at least it was for me. I had no idea what was about to take place - awkward nervous laugh Then here's a pic with his dad. I don't have any pics with him because I was the ambitious photographer at the event. And who could forget the awkward photo with a girl classmate. I don't understand why boys act like that around girls. It's pretty creepy if you ask me. I'm kidding, I know it's what it's supposed to be. It's funny because he almost fell over when I asked them to pose for this photo. Geez... It was a proud moment for our family. We love him and are so very proud. Congratulations Anfernee! Get ready for Jr. High - woohoo


Gaby's graduation was a big event. She was looking forward to this moment for a loooong time. Counting down the days in fact . She graduated from Adrian High School. Adrian is a small town ran by cowboys n' spurs. A total of 9 seniors graduated this 2010. That gives you an idea of how huge that school is. Before the graduation I was aimlessly walking around the the highschool looking for a restroom. Finally, a bathroom! I come out of the stall to find Gaby in front of the mirror fixing her hair under her cap. She was surprised to see me as I was to see her. She was supposed to be backstage by now. Then she says "Don't tell anyone you saw me in here" with tears in her eyes. I hugged her and told her I was proud of her and loved her very much. That was one "alone" moment we shared before her big moment. It was great because after that restroom encounter, alone moments were impossible. Come on, you guys know how mexican families roll... Lots of peeps under one roof. The ceremony was great. Well since there were only a few graduates, they were able to compose a 5 minute slideshow each. Talk about emotional! The grad party following on saturday was so much fun. My aunts and cousins came down from Denver and Las vegas. I saw cousins that I hadn't seen in years. So we pretty much took a barn out in the country hostage, hired a dj and got tons of beer and danced all night long. Sidenote: the boots the fellas are wearing are getting pointier & pointier every year. You have to becareful not to get stabbed. The night consisted of lots of lauging, dancing, and discussions of my selective memory. I got to sit down with my two favorite cousins. We def got into some trouble back in the day. I say the bigger the family the better. There was too many kids to count running around. I love my family and wouldn't change them for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment